Contaminated Products and Recall Insurance Solutions
The number and magnitude of product recalls has increased significantly in recent years. On average, nearly 10 product recalls occur every week in Australia. Yet, many food and beverage companies are uninsured or underinsured for product contamination or mislabeling, which are the most common triggers for a recall.
For any enquiries about purchasing, renewing or making a claim on an AIG business policy, please contact your insurance broker or find a broker here.
- Recall costs, replacement costs, extortion costs, rehabilitation expenses, consultant costs and business interruption.
- In-house claims personnel available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week, dedicated to crisis management claims and quality service.
- 24-hour emergency response helpline with access to experts from NSF International.
Cover is designed for manufacturers, producers, suppliers and retailers of foods, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, or consumer goods.
The financial and management implications of incidents and subsequent litigation means expert preventative and incident management advice is essential. Our consultants help customers to streamline their crisis management and product recall plans, ensuring effective preparedness and significantly reducing the impact of a crisis.
NSF International (NSF)
Through our crisis management solutions AIG customers can access NSF's network of food safety and crisis management specialists. NSF are crisis management and food safety experts, offering pre-incident and crisis response, product recall, crisis management, food safety services and retrieval services.
The AIG Advantage
- Primary and excess limits of up to $80 million for malicious product tamper and up to $15m for accidental contamination events.
- Global claims support.
- Pre-incident training by world-renowned consultants.